Published on Thursday, April 12, 2012
There are a number of benefits to opening an account with IDC:
- Save time when you need documents authenticated and legalized
- CME members receive a 10% discount on IDC’s services
- access your account records at any time
- and coming soon, IDC will be offering account holders the ability to offer turnkey authentication and legalization services for their clients, using IDC as your white-label (behind the scene) provider
To open an account, call us toll free at 1-888-433-1011 or visit us at idocscanada.ca.
IDC is located in the heart of Ottawa. We are minutes from Global Affairs Canada and the multitude of foreign Embassies and High Commissions located in the nation’s capital. This gives our agents easy access to the offices that look after the authentication and legalization of your documents. In-person submissions come with quicker processing times than mail in requests. We ship back to you as soon as the processing is done.
Why do errors matter? If your document is rejected by either the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade or by the relevant embassy or consulate, you will need to re-start the authentication and legalization process from the very beginning, with a new document that has been corrected. This can add many weeks to the process, as well as extra expenses.
Since Global Affairs Canada and each diplomatic mission have very specific requirements for the authentication and legalization of documents, you should contact us first. Our extensive experience allows us to ensure that your documents are accurately prepared to meet the criteria of the process.
The fastest way to initiate a job with IDC is to fill out the straightforward IDC workform. When you enter your IDC account number in your workform, your account information is automatically entered for you, saving you valuable time every time you launch a new job!
The safety of your documents is our #1 concern. We take a number of steps to ensure their safety and ease your mind:
- When your documents arrive at our offices, we first review them to check that they are prepared correctly, and they then are placed in an individual protective jacket. Your documents will never be mixed with other documents, and will never be outside of their protective jacket while with IDC unless absolutely necessary.
- Your documents remain in the custody of an IDC specialist throughout the entire authentication and legalization process, except when we release them to the custody of the Department of Foreign Affairs for authentication, and to the relevant embassy or consulate for legalization. We do not use third-party courier services – your documents are always the direct responsibility of your IDC specialist.
- You can track the progress of your documents through the authentication and legalization process in real time using the IDC’s document tracking feature. You will always know exactly where your documents are, and where they are going next.
- To maintain an unbroken chain of custody we strongly recommend that you courier your documents to our offices, as opposed to using regular mail. This lets you track your documents right to our door. Similarly, we recommend that you have your documents couriered to their final destination once processed. In this way you can track the progress of your documents from the moment they leave your hands, through the entire authentication and legalization process, and on through to the final destination.
We are the leading document authentication and legalization service in Canada. Contact us for a free consultation and no obligation quote: toll free at 1-888-433-1011 or visit us at idocscanada.ca.