Published on Tuesday, April 10, 2012
Having a document legalized will incur the following costs:
– The notary public will charge a fee to notarize your document.
– The Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade (DFAIT) in Ottawa does not charge a fee to authenticate documents. There may be a fee if you submit your document to a provincial body for authentication, depending on the province.
– The embassy or consulate will charge a fee to have your document legalized. This fee varies greatly between countries.
– There is the fee for IDC’s services. For more on IDC’s fee structure, see Our Services.
– And finally, there will likely be mail or courier fees.
Your IDC specialist will prepare a Detailed Quote for you that itemizes the specific costs associated with your particular authentication and legalization needs.