I need to have a Criminal Record Check legalized or apostilled. Does it need to come from the RCMP?

Published on Thursday, August 2, 2012

You need to know which type of Criminal Record Check is required for the destination country and what are the requirements of the embassy of that country.
A Certified Criminal Record Check requires a full set of fingerprints and it is issued by the RCMP in Ottawa.
The Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade(DFAIT) will need to authenticate the document and they have very specific rules on the notarization and authentication of Criminal Record Checks.
We have helped clients with record checks done at their local police detachment as well as the RCMP.

Contact us to make sure it is done right! 1-888-433-1011