My family is moving to the UAE. Do my children’s high school transcripts need to be notarized before they are authenticated at the Department of Foreign Affairs?

Published on Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade (DFAIT) will authenticate a high school transcript without it being notarized. However, Canadian high school or elementary school transcripts must be signed by the principal or vice-principal of the school that issued the documents, and a full signature, name and title must appear on the document.
Only school diplomas and transcripts can be accepted without being notarized. All other letters have to be notarized before they will be authenticated.
We specialize in document authentication in as little as one day.
Questions? Please give us a call.