Consent to travel documents for Mexico must now be legalized/apostilled.

Published on Friday, January 18, 2013

Based on the entry into force of the Regulations of the Mexican Migration Law, beginning February 16, 2013 Mexican or foreign minors (under 18 years of age) travelling alone or accompanied by a third party of legal age (grandparent, aunt/uncle, other) must present, in addition to a valid passport, a document showing the consent of both parents or those with parental authority or guardianship over the minor. If the document is issued in Canada it must be notarized authenticated and legalized by the Mexican Consulate or Embassy in Canada, and translated into Spanish.
For more information please check the embassy website or contact your IDC specialist