Apostille – Embassy legalization for the Ukraine

Published on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Whether you are relocating, planning a gap year, or doing business in the Ukraine, you will be asked to provide your Canadian documents to the appropriate authorities. For use in the Ukraine, your Canadian documents will need to go through a process called authentication and legalization. Other terms that may be used for this process include apostille and attestation.

The authentication and legalization process involves two important steps. Your documents will need to be authenticated at the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFATD) and then submitted for legalization to the Embassy of the Ukraine in Ottawa, Canada. While this process is theoretically straightforward, in practice it can be confusing and complicated.

Both the Department of Foreign Affairs and the Embassy of the Ukraine have specific requirements and each type of document may need to meet different criteria. It is important to research these requirements in advance. For example, the Embassy of the Ukraine requires that you provide supporting documents along with your documents for legalization.

Some of the most common types of documents that are authenticated and legalized for use in the Ukraine are birth certificates, marriage certificates, educational documents, power of attorney documents, criminal record checks, and commercial documents.

If you have questions or need help having your documents authenticated and legalized for use in the Ukraine, give us a call toll free at 1-888-433-1011 or visit us at idocscanada.ca .

Contact Us

1-888-433-1011Toll-free in North America

00+1+613-701-0533Outside North America

info@idocscanada.caSend us an email