Canadian expats living abroad – Have your Canadian documents legalized for use in a foreign country

Published on Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Having your Canadian documents officially legalized for use in another country can be a frustrating process and most people have no idea where to start. That’s where we come in.

In Canada, the process of having your Canadian documents officially recognized in another country is called authentication & legalization. Other countries have different terms for this process, including apostille and attestation, but these terms all refer to the same process.

The first step of the authentication and legalization process involves having your documents authenticated at the Department of Foreign Affairs in Ottawa. The second step is to have the authenticated documents legalized at the diplomatic mission of your destination country.

While this two-step process is theoretically straightforward, the reality is often stressful and time consuming. Every country has unique rules and regulations about the authentication and legalization process and it can be difficult to source the right information.

By using International Document Canada (IDC) it alleviates the stress involved and can save you weeks of processing time. We would be happy to discuss your particular situation and ensure your documents are prepared correctly. We will rapidly authenticate and legalize your documents, often in as little as a few days.

Get started by contacting us toll free at 1-888-433-1011 or visit us at .