Attestation services in Canada

Published on Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Attestation services in Canada can expedite the processing of your documents and ensure that they are prepared correctly.

What is Attestation?

The term Attestation is commonly used by some foreign countries to describe a very specific document verification process, involving signatures and stamps of certain officials. In Canada, this process is called authentication and legalization.

What is authentication and legalization?

The authentication and legalization process enables Canadian documents to be used abroad. It is most commonly a two-step process where the signatures on the document are verified and another signature and stamp is added at each step. However, it can include additional steps depending on the type of document you have and the requirements of the destination country.

Step 1: Your documents are authenticated at Global Affairs Canada.

Step 2: Your documents are legalized at the diplomatic mission of your destination country.

Tip:   Global Affairs Canada and each diplomatic mission have very specific requirements for the authentication and legalization of Canadian documents. Contact an expert for advice!

How can Attestation services help?

Attestation services can help by ensuring your documents are prepared correctly, by reducing the processing time from several weeks to a matter of days and by eliminating the frustration involved with attempting to go through this process on your own.

We are the premier Attestation services in Canada. We actively monitor the changing requirements of Global Affairs Canada and the foreign diplomatic missions across Canada. We will review your documents to ensure that they contain the appropriate signatures and stamps required of the process. If needed, we can also provide additional services, such as notarization and translation.

Contact our friendly staff to discus your documents and we will provide you with a detailed, free, no obligation quote.

Call us toll free at 1-888-433-1011 or complete an online Request Form.