Easter holiday hours – authentication and legalization services

Published on Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Easter Holiday Hours at IDC

In observance of the Easter holiday, our office will be closed on Friday April 14th and Monday April 17th, 2017.

Global Affairs Canada and most diplomatic missions across Canada will also be closed. Due to these closures, authentication and legalization services may experience some delays.

What are authentication and legalization services?

Authentication and legalization services allow your Canadian documents to be used in another country. The process involves authentication at Global Affairs Canada in Ottawa (the JLAC office) and then legalization at the diplomatic mission of your destination country.

Global Affairs Canada and the Embassies and Consulates across Canada have very specific requirements for the authentication and legalization process. If you are handling the process yourself, you should research the requirements in advance. If you are in a hurry, you can hire a service provider like ours who specializes in the process.

Why should you use a service provider?

The processing time for the mail-in service at Global Affairs Canada is 20 business days. Global Affairs Canada recommends that if you are unable to attend their office in person, you should hire a private service provider, such as an authentication and legalization service. As the leading document authentication and legalization service in Canada, we can authenticate your documents in as little as one day.

We can also handle the legalization portion of the process, ensuring that your documents are prepared correctly and all supporting documents are included. Once completed, we can return your documents to you or forward them to a recipient abroad.

Don’t hesitate – Get Started!

For more information on the authentication and legalization of Canadian documents for use abroad, please contact one of our friendly experts. We will get back to you as soon as our office re-opens.

Contact us by calling toll free at 1-888-433-1011 or complete an online request form.