Authentication and legalization of your Criminal/Police Record Check for the Saba University

Published on Thursday, October 24, 2013

While preparing your application to study abroad at the Saba University, you will be asked to have your Canadian Criminal or Police Record Check authenticated and legalized, also referred to as an apostille. Since Saba is a Caribbean island and a part of the Dutch Antilles, all Canadian document legalization is done at the Embassy of the Netherlands in Ottawa.

What are the requirements for the authentication and legalization process?

The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFATD) will authenticate a Certified Criminal Record Check issued by the RCMP in Ottawa or a notarized Criminal Record Check issued by a local police detachment. Once your document has been authenticated by DFATD, it is then submitted to the Embassy of the Netherlands for legalization. For more on the Canadian authentication and legalization process, take a look at this article – What is Authentication and Legalization?

At International Documents Canada we have worked with many Saba students to process their documents in just a few days. If you have questions about how to obtain your record check or need more information we would be happy to help.

Call us toll-free at 1-888-433-1011 or visit us at

Contact Us

1-888-433-1011Toll-free in North America

00+1+613-701-0533Outside North America

info@idocscanada.caSend us an email