Apostille – Working your way around the world!

Published on Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Working abroad can be a great way to travel and experience new cultures. Although there are many exciting details to plan, you will also need to prepare your personal documents so that they will be recognized in your destination country.

Your Canadian documents will need to be authenticated and legalized, also known as apostille. As Canada is not a signatory to this Hague Apostille Convention, it is not possible to obtain an apostille on Canadian documents. To be recognized in a foreign country, Canadian documents must be “authenticated and legalized”.

The authentication and legalization process enables your Canadian documents to be recognized in another country. This process involves having your documents authenticated at Global Affairs Canada and then legalized at the diplomatic mission of your destination country.

Global Affairs Canada and the diplomatic mission will each have very specific requirements for the authentication and legalization of your documents. We specialize in processing Canadian documents, such as college diplomas, university degrees, transcripts, high school diplomas, criminal record checks, marriage certificates and birth certificates.

Let us take care of the authentication and legalization, or apostille, of your educational and personal documents for use abroad, often in as little as one day. Contact us for a free consultation.

Tags: , , ,

Contact Us

1-888-433-1011Toll-free in North America

00+1+613-701-0533Outside North America

info@idocscanada.caSend us an email