What is a Consent Letter for Children Travelling Abroad?

Published on Thursday, January 3, 2013

A consent to travel is a letter of permission for a child (under the age of 18) to travel abroad unaccompanied by  legal guardian or parent. There are many countries that require this letter for entry. Children travelling alone, with a group, a friend/relative, or one custodial parent may be required to present a letter of consent signed by all parties who have the legal right to make decisions on the child’s behalf.
It is recommended and often required that the letter be notarized. There are some countries that also require that the letter of consent be authenticated and then legalized at the embassy of the destination country.
For more information please contact your IDC specialist. We are here to help.
info@idocscanada.ca or 1-888-433-1011
The Government of Canada Travel page has updated their web page. Here you will find useful information, including letter samples.

Contact Us

1-888-433-1011Toll-free in North America

00+1+613-701-0533Outside North America

info@idocscanada.caSend us an email