Do you need to Apostille or Legalize your Canadian educational documents to study abroad?

Published on Thursday, May 30, 2013

You are about to embark on a new adventure by deciding to study abroad. While preparing your application to study abroad, you should know that it is commonly requested that your educational and personal documents be authenticated and legalized, a process also known as apostille or attestation. No matter which term is used, they all refer to the same process.

The authentication and legalization process enables your Canadian documents to be recognized as legal in another country. This two-step process involves first, having your documents authenticated at the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade. Next, they must be legalized at the diplomatic mission for your destination country.

  • We specialize in working with over 200 diplomatic missions to process Canadian documents, such as college diplomas and university degrees, transcripts, high school diplomas, and birth certificates.
  • The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFAIT) and each of the diplomatic missions have very specific requirements for the authentication and legalization of these documents. Our close relationship with DFAIT and the Embassies and High Commissions, ensures that these requirements are met and the processing of your documents is done right.

If you have questions or need help having your educational and personal documents authenticated, legalized, attested, or apostilled, give us a call toll free at 1-888-433-1011 or visit us at .