Published on Thursday, September 19, 2013
If you have decided to have a destination wedding in Cuba, you are planning the countless details involved in a destination wedding. One of the many details that will be crucial to the success of your destination wedding will be to determine exactly what documentation is required from the bride and groom.
Below is a list of documents that are often required for marriage abroad.
• Single Status Affidavits, these need to be notarized
• Certified True Copies of your valid passports
• Certified True Copies of your birth certificates
• Original death or divorce certificates, if applicable
We suggest that you confirm your document requirements with your wedding planner, as well as the Embassy of Cuba well in advance.
For your documents to be accepted in Cuba, they will need to go through the authentication and legalization process, also commonly known as the apostille process. This involves having the documents “authenticated” by Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada (DFATD) in Ottawa and then “legalized” by the Embassy of Cuba.
Two important tips to keep in mind:
- Mail in authentication at the Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada currently takes 15 business days, plus 5 days for legalization at the Embassy of Cuba. If you are doing this yourself, plan accordingly.
- In Cuba, your documents will need to be accompanied by a Spanish translation. These translations will also need to be notarized, authenticated and legalized.
You can find out more about getting help with the Canadian authentication and legalization process in this article – “Using an Authentication and Legalization Service”.
International Document Canada (IDC) removes the stress, hassle and weeks of processing time involved in doing this yourself. We specialize in managing the authentication and legalization process for our clients. You send your documents to us and we take care of the rest, often in as little as a few days!
Contact IDC toll free at 1-888-433-1011 or visit us at idocscanada.ca
Share this Article
1-888-433-1011Toll-free in North America
00+1+613-701-0533Outside North America
firstname.lastname@example.orgSend us an email
Legalization of your Power of Attorney Document for IraqMarch 14, 2018
Happy Lunar New Year!February 15, 2018