Academic document authentication and legalization for use outside of Canada

Published on Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Whether you are continuing your education abroad or you have accepted a job in another country, you will be asked to provide some of your educational and personal documents. To use your Canadian academic or personal documents abroad, they must first go through a process called authentication and legalization. Other terms for this process that you may be familiar with include apostille, attestation, authentification and superlegalization.

The process of having your Canadian academic and other personal documents authenticated and legalized can be fraught with misinformation and diplomatic bureaucracy. The process itself is theoretically straightforward. However, every country has unique rules and regulations about the authentication and legalization process and it can be difficult to obtain this information.

Without expert assistance, the process will typically take more than four weeks. We can process your documents in as little as a few days!

International Documents Canada (IDC) is a Canadian company that specializes in assisting clients with the authentication and legalization of Canadian academic and personal documents. We would be happy to discuss your situation and ensure your documents are prepared correctly.

Contact us toll-free at 1-888-433-1011 or visit us at

Contact Us

1-888-433-1011Toll-free in North America

00+1+613-701-0533Outside North America

info@idocscanada.caSend us an email